Saturday, May 28, 2011

Freedom!!!!

   I've finally gotten what I wanted...freedom!  I was a little worried about going to the doctor yesterday morning...wondering about my fate and whether or not I'd have to spend another week on this couch!  Much to my delight, the doctor said that I was free to leave without restrictions and she just made sure we were sure of the fastest route to the hospital. 
   After we left the office, we did a grocery run...wow, it felt so good to shop.  I know Cade probably didn't find as much enjoyment in it as I did, but I relished walking down each and every isle even though our list only consisted of about 15 items.  It felt so good to feel normal.  Being pregnant allows you to be normal and not normal and no one asks questions.  After the store, I was pretty insistent that we stop at Wendy's for a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger...seriously people, that would never happen "normally" 1) because we rarely eat fast food (with the exception of the last 2 months) and 2) because I would know I'd have to run extra to get that burger off!  But, this is probably one of the last weeks to feel like I can eat whatever I want, and I took full advantage!
   When we got home, it wasn't but an hour later that Brooklyn and I went shopping.  She needed some more summer clothes and shoes, and it was a great excuse to spend some time with her and get some more walking in!  But by the end of that trip, I was exhausted.  The rest of the evening was pretty mild, but it was nice to help with showers, baths, and bedtime again...and I think the kids liked it too!
  I am looking forward to the weather being nice this weekend so we can have some good familiy time before baby does really come.  I am actually excited to spend some time cleaning today too so I feel like things are as ready as I can make then before baby comes.  At this point everyone's bags are packed, even the kids, so when baby comes we're all ready to go!  The doctor seemed certain it wouldn't take much of being "normal" to get this labor into motion, but after all of this, I don't know what God has in store?  I am trying not to be too anxious, but knowing we are in a very safe zone for the baby, I am really getting excited to meet this little one more than ever!
   I am also a little nervous about having a family of 6 the more I am pregnant and have time to think about it.  Cade and I both came from a family of 3 kids...I have no idea what dynamics a 4th child will bring.  I know the kids are ready for this, but how will this baby fit in with them?  who will he/she connect with most?  how will i deal with the jealousy that comes with another baby?  I am sure things will all fall into place, and not that I'm God, but he finds a way to love all of His children...and sure, sometimes I'm jealous of the circumstances He has given others, but His relationship with me is just ours and I know I am loved and find joy in life because of it. 
  Well, hopefully soon I will be able to blog about the birth of our baby and how he/she came into this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment