Friday, May 13, 2011

Family Time

   It won't be too much longer that we are a family of 5...I can't believe that time is so near. This morning I went to the doctor and there is not much to report. I'm measuring fine and baby still sounds great...and is constantly moving!! He said we are going to have to walk that fine line of checking me because he doesn't want to stir up anything, but knows in the past I have dialated without even knowing it or really feeling the contractions. Only time will tell, I guess. 
    Today, since Cade is off on Fridays, we decided it would be good to do something as a family since this might be our last opportunity before baby comes. So, we took an adventure to the zoo  No, don't worry, I didn't walk around the zoo...Cade wheeled me around in a lovely wheelchair  It was so nice to spoil the kids and do some of the things we don't normally do at the zoo. Brooklyn has been dying to go on the roller coaster, so she and Camden did that, and Savannah's highlight was when they all went on the carousel! It was fun to kind of be incapacitated and just enjoy watching Cade get to do some of those fun things with them. By nature, I usually take the lead on those kind of things, or we just usually go to the zoo on days Cade is working; so, that opportunity was really fun, and I think he enjoyed it too!
    This is day 3 of being home, and it's getting better and easier.  II am really missing some of the normal things in life like grocery shopping, and Costco...I really miss Costco!  I also miss being able to run up and down the stairs to take care of the house, and just being outside to push the kids on the swing...wait, I really don't like having to push the kids on the swing, so I'm glad Cade still has to do that!  (Am I a bad mom or what?)  The kids are getting used to me being here and other people being here as well.  Before I left for the doctor today, I told Savannah good-bye when I was heading out and she said, "No go...no baby!"  I think she was afraid I wasn't coming home.  Then, when I did get back, she said, "Doctor say you come home?"  I think she was reassured!  One of the most difficult things I've noticed with the kids, it helping them understand the pain of change and simply the unknown.  I feel like we're making promises (in their minds, anyway) that change due to circumstances with the baby.  I hope by the end of all this they can still trust our words..and still love this baby!  I think this affects Brooklyn the most, which makes me sad for her, but I know 6 weeks from now we will be in a whole different place and she will be fine. 
  Well, I'm looking forward to getting through the weekend so we can hit 33 weeks on Monday!  My sister, Amy, is also coming into town this weekend, so that will give the kids 2 days of non-stop fun nd attention!  Hopefully having Amy here will give Cade a little break too.  He's been awesome keeping everything together and taking care of all 4 of us!  Looking forward to a great weekend and I hope you all are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment