Monday, May 16, 2011

Back Again!

   Well, we made it through the weekend, only to end with us back in the hospital.  I felt with the weather being nice, I could not have asked for a better time at home before I had to come back to "prison"...it was good time out!  Luckily I was able to come back to IU West where now I know I will deliver baby when he/she is ready!   I sitll think I am another week or so away from that happening.  Last night when I came in, I was having contractions 2 min. apart and had dialated up to about 4 at that point.  I was immediately put on the Mag., but since it did it's job through the night, I was taken off of it and have been on turbutaline today and have been resting.  If contractions don't come back, I'm hoping to go home on the meds sometime tomorrow or Wed. morning!  Then, hopefully the next time I have to come back here, I will actually deliver a baby!  I was telling someone this morning, that at this point I feel like I have a disease.   I feel like the idea of actually having the baby at this point seems a little foreign...will he or she ever come one of these times??  I know there is light at the end of the tunnel, but the longer and more time I spend in the hospital, I just wonder when and where that light is?
   During this time, I have repeatedly said how thankful I am for everyone who has helped us...from meals, helping with the kids, to prayer and just words of enouragement and support.  I know at this point some of you are just as tired of all of this as we are.  We really do promise a baby is coming!!  I know Cade and I are both so thankful for the help we have received from our families.  For the last 3-4 weeks, Cade's parents have kept the kids overnight at least once during the week. I appreciate their selflessness and willlingness to do whatever we have needed.  The kids really love being there...well, except Savannah, who lately refuses to go.  I think this has been a lot for her.  I asked her why she didn't want to go to GiGi and PaPa's and she said, "Bugs."  Well, they do live in the country, but we have bugs at our house too, so I don't know what her deal is?  Brooklyn does have a little bug phobia, made very apparent this spring, which I think she given to her sister!    Sidenote:  sometimes I do take advantage of her fear...like last week she kept taking our inside toys outside, but then didn't want to help clean up and bring them back in...I told her the bugs would eat them all up if she didn't...worked like a charm (I know, I'm bad!)  We've decided not to force her to go at this point, as my mom has been so willing to watch her, and it probably gives Brooklyn and Camden more one-on-one attention anyway (and Savannah too).   My mom has been really great giving up a lot of her time to help so much with the kids.  She takes them to the pet store, the library, in the hot tub, etc....all the little things they love.  I know they just love being with GoGo, and if we go a day without GoGo, I have to explain to them that GoGo needs a break sometimes!  It's such a blessing as a daughter to see that even though we didn't see our parents as perfect all the time growing up, as we battled through different kinds of rebellion with them, that we can have such a different perspective and have such joy as we watch our children love them and go crazy over them.  It really has been so much easier when I've been in the hospital to know when our children are with our parents (and friends) that are being loved on and taken care of so well.
  Well, hopefully tomorrow will bring a car ride home.  I feel like this past weekend brought a lot of great final family time.  I hope that I can just really stick it out on that couch and make it another week or two.  I think the kids are really starting to wonder if there is really a baby in there?  They all think and want a boy, but my heart and mind has said girl from the beginning so we'll see.  I hope they can just be excited to see this little one and love on him/her.  I have seen our kids with a lot of babies lately and I know they will do great.  Camden, esp. seems to have a heart for babies...he loves to take the time to hold them.  I am not sure if many of you know/realize that all of our kids have East Coast city names.  I will not reveal whether we have decided to stick with our (unintentional from the beginning) theme, but I am really excited to give this baby a name and share him/her with all of you.  Take care and have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment