Friday, June 3, 2011

What's Funny About This??

   I'm trying to keep my sense of humor about the fact that I layed around for 7 weeks afraid of doing too much of anything to keep this baby from "falling out" and now I'm doing everything I can to get this baby to come out, and he/she doesn't want to budge...what gives?  It is such a blessing in my mind at this point to know that I will get to hold this baby in my arms at the hospital and he/she will not likely be put in the NICU at this point.  The idea of normalcy is not far from being here...well, as normal as things will be with 4 kids under 5 1/2.   It is almost humorous how many myths we've tried to get this labor naturally induced, but baby seems settled and comfortable (for him/her at least!).  The doctor keeps reassuring me at least there is a due date and we know there will be an end...it's just not been soon enough.  I think if this were a "normal" pregnancy I could except any date they'd give me, but I considered myself well overdue last Friday;) 
   Today at the doctor, I did have a slight meltdown, which told me I might be losing it.  The nurse told me I had to do another test, which I knew I had already done at the hospital.  Unfortunately, the office and hospitals don't tend to share records with each other, which has been frustrating at times from the standpoint of having to be poked and prodded to repeat tests (and pay for them...praise God for insurance).  It was just frustrating.  It didn't take long to calm down though...I think I am slowly finding ways to smile and find the humor in all of this and realize that God's timing will be perfect and that I really can't change His plan. 
  I have been enjoying this beautiful weather and spending time outside with the kids and Cade.  We are looking forward to baby and anxiously awaiting his/her arrival and are exicted to you all to meet baby too!  Thanks for your prayers and continued support...now we're just praying baby will make his/her appearance soon!!

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping baby and mommy come home on the same day... :)

    ReplyDelete