Sunday, June 12, 2011

Welcome Elizabeth "Ellie" Jane Stockwell

  After seven weeks on bedrest, six hospital visits, three episodes of magnesium, and two tries at the epidural, this Amazing Race is OVER...Baby Ellie is finally here!  We are so blessed to have had this beautiful baby girl on a beautiful Friday evening on June 10th.  She weighed in at 6 lbs. and 20 1/2 in. in length at 7:02pm.  She came out after only pushing through two contractions.  For the first time in our experiences of having our children, we allowed for my mom and sister to be present during the delivery.  After helping a friend with a homebirth this past fall, I realized that personally being able to see a baby being born is such a blessing.  My mom and sister had both really wanted to come in, and how could I deny them after what I had been able to experience.  It was so awesome having them there and watching their tears of joy shed as she was born.  She was perfect!
   Ellie has been able to stay with us in the room from the get-go.  Everything has gone well.  She loves to be held and snuggled, which I am sure she will get plenty of at our house.  The kids came to see her yesterday and just fell in love...especially Savannah.  I know she is excited for Mommy and baby to be home for good.  We are so excited to just get our lives back and begin our new normal....whatever those details might entail?!
   I am so tired, but so overjoyed and full of love.  Everytime I've had a baby, I get a better glimpse of God's love for me and all of us for that matter.  His love is so overwhelming and it is that way for each of us.  We really don't know how much love we have in us until we're asked to share it so intimately and with so many, especially with our spouse and then many children.  And we fall hard for those little babies!!  Just to look at Ellie and see that God had knitted her to perfection in my womb and kept her nestled there until the perfect time...and really, His timing seemed like a reward on Friday...the situation could not have been more ideal and gone more smoothly.  I really felt rewarded for our perseverance.   I know I spent many weeks and days in frustration and feeling defeated, but through that time, I know God really worked on me, and worked so this transition with our new baby girl would be much easier...and now it will be since she will be coming home WITH US today!! 
   Finally, I could not end this entry without expressing our appreciation for all of you who have followed us through this journey...whether through prayers, meals, watching kids, sending a card, a phone call, an email, words of enouragement, books and magazines, gift bags for our kids, Starbucks, fountain Cokes, or milkshake runs, etc... you have touched our lives.  We are still feeling the love!!  We look forward to getting home and sharing her with each of you.  We will always let her know how special this experience was for us and how so many great friends and family rooted for her to make it as far as she did...she will always know she is a champion!  Thanks again and hugs and love to all of you!  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment